Friday 31 July 2015

Leaving Lorena!




Have any of you, ever had to say goodbye to a best friend, because they are leaving for another country?  Why am I asking this, you say?  Well, because that is sadly what I had to do the other day!  

Lorena will be leaving London in a matter of days and will be returning to her home in Madrid.  It has been amazing to have had her here for the last two years, and I know that it is going to be so hard to not see her as often as I have done!  

So I thought of a plan to have the best last day together... One for her to remember!  The plan was to meet up with her and have a huge fun packed day out in London... So that's what we did! 

Yesterday, we met along the Kings  road and the sun was shining for us!  Zara was having incredible reductions on the majority of their sale stock, which we both in turn took advantage of!  (There will definitely be a haul post coming out very soon... Don't you worry!) 

After an hour of what felt like shopping heaven, we made our way over to the Saatchi Gallery and explored the depths of modern and contemporary art!  The gallery was so good that I will definitely be returning! 



It was half past two by the time we left the gallery and with both of our stomachs rumbling, we made it our mission to find the perfect place for lunch.  I suggested that we should go to Soho, as it is one of the best places for lunch and dinner, because there is such a wide variety of food on offer... It takes me such a long time to choose where to eat!  After walking up and down the streets of Soho, we finally came to a halt at a lovely Italian called 'Va Piano'.  We gorged ourselves silly on double carbs in the form of pizza and pasta... (Naughty I know, but it was so worth it! 

We then did a little more shopping along Tottenham Court Road...  (We honestly couldn't help ourselves)... So many fantastic pieces were in every shop... How could we say no?



Towards the end of the evening, I thought that it would be a great opportunity to grab tea and cakes... To rest our tired feet from all the walking we had done!  Also Lorena had never experienced an afternoon tea before all in traditional pottery, so I knew that this was going to be worthwhile!  



I took her to BB cafe in Covent Garden and we had tea, and the most luxurious Victoria sponge I had ever seen, let alone tasted!  Many giggles and stories were shared and we parted our separate ways at Charing Cross.  



So now all I can do is wish her all the best and keep in touch whenever I can.  I know that this is not the end for our friendship, and if anything this will make us stronger.  Because when you care about someone so much, you make every effort to have them in your life! 



Have any of you got friends in other places or countries?  How do you keep in touch and if so, do you ever visit them?  Let me know in the comment section below! 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig