Friday 28 August 2015

Colourful creations!



It's official, I haven't grown up!  The other day, I scrolled through my Amazon account and browsed all of the recommended products that would suit me and do you know what kept popping up?  Adult colouring books!



I didn't even know that these kind of things existed?  Apparently they are really good for de-stressing and clearing the mind, which after a long day at work, is really what I need!  I was so interested by them and started to search for the most popular books to start off with.  I came across two authors, Johanna Basford and Millie Marotta, whose books were mentioned profusely, which was a great indication that I should purchase theirs first to see how I get on! 

Firstly, I bought Johanna Basford's 'Secret Garden', which is a colouring book that includes an inky treasure hunt.  



Each page is so unique and the patterns are stunning!  There are pictures to colour in, patterns to complete, mazes to solve and plenty of space for you to add your own inky drawings.  





The second book I purchased was Millie Marotta's 'Animal Kingdom', which consists of exquisitely detailed pictures of animals to colour in. 

This book is much more detailed, as the pictures are much smaller and intricately made.  For this book, I would use colouring pencils rather than my stabilo fine tip pens, so as to not spoil the detail of the patterns. 




I can't wait to start colouring in... My fingers are poised and my pens are at the ready... Let the fun begin! 


Have you got into colouring?  If not, then what are you hobbies at the moment? 

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig