Saturday 1 August 2015

Portraits and sculptures!





There is always something so fascinating about going to Galleries.  Whether it's discovering new artists, visiting iconic exhibitions or just admiring art... I love how galleries give you the release and freedom to explore! 



The other day I popped into Kings Road with a friend to visit the Saatchi Gallery.  It has always remained at the top of my list, and sadly I have never had the opportunity to go before, so I was ecstatic to know that finally I will be attending the gallery. 




The Saatchi gallery is renowned for being one of London's leading galleries for Contemporary art and  has been an influence on art in Britain since opening in 1985.  Many of the artists shown at the gallery are unknown, not only to the general public but to the commercial art world as well, making it a fantastic opportunity to launch careers! 












There are in total fifteen galleries in the building and for me they saved the best till last!  On the lower ground floor, there is an iconic oil installation that was made in 1987, specifically for the Saatchi Gallery by British sculptor Richard Wilson.  
It is called '20:50' and is made from sump oil and steel, which create the most incredible reflections.  The whole room was created so that it would portray different dimensions, as Richard Wilson was heavily inspired by the world of engineering and construction.  My pictures sadly do not do it justice!  You really must go and visit it for yourself... It's literally breathtaking! 





I shall definitely be returning to the Saatchi Gallery very soon, as I cannot wait to see more new and beautiful creations! 

What art galleries have you been to recently?  Who's your favourite artist? 

M x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, it's stunning! I haven't been in an art gallery for some time now, and I need to change it as soon as possible! Such a nice post! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! You must pop into one when you're next free as there are some amazing new artists out there! Thanks Jessie... That means a lot!

      Xoxo
      Http://thatlittleshoe.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig