Monday 25 January 2016

Catching up with a curry!



Last night me and my sister, Harriet  met up for a spot of dinner as we were both free on a Saturday night (which I swear never happens... So I wanted to take full advantage of this!)

When she asked me where we should go for dinner, I straight away suggested the infamous 'Wagamama', because not only is the food delicious, but the atmosphere is so nice and casual... The perfect setting for a sisterly catch up!  Harriet was so excited, because she had never been to 'Wagamama' before (I know right?  She has seriously been missing out... So I wanted to quickly change that!)



For our starters we chose two dishes to share.  The first one, was my ultimate favourite - the 'Chilli Squid'.  It consists of crispy fried squid which is then dusted with Shichimi.  It is then served with a chilli and coriander dipping sauce.  It is truly so satisfying to eat!    



We also had the 'Pork Belly and Panko Apple, Hhirati Steamed Bun'.  Which in words is a steamed Asian bun, stuffed with pork belly and Panko Apple.  It is served with a Japanese mayonnaise and coriander.  This dish was new to the menu so we were instantly drawn to it.  It was so delicious and one that I will definitely have next time!



Harriet chose the 'Chicken Katsu Curry' for her main course, which just so happens to be one of the most popular currys on the menu.  It is made up of chicken coated in Panko breadcrumbs which is then coated in an aromatic curry sauce.  It is served with fluffy rice and salad.  I thought that it was a great option to go for, especially as she was new to the restaurant and so what better way to choose than to go for the number one best seller on the menu!



I on the other hand, opted for my classic main dish that I swear by, 'Chicken Raisukaree', which I have every time I come here.  It is basically a chicken and coconut curry with mange tout and peppers, which is then served with rice, chilli, coriander and sesame seeds.  This dish to me is so exquisite, because not only do the flavours complement each other perfectly, but I always find that this dish is perfect for cold winter nights, as the chilli really warms me up and prevents me from getting a cold... In other words it's a real winter warmer!



Finally for dessert, we wanted to share one and after browsing the menu for several minutes, we finally came to the conclusion of the 'Banana Katsu'.  This dish was also new on the menu and we just couldn't resist!  It was banana coated in Panko breadcrumbs and served with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream.  If I'm honest, it was incredibly difficult to share this pudding with my sister, as I could have very easily eaten the entire thing!  However, I resisted the urge and successfully shared it with her.  It is such a great dessert for cleaning your palette and it really left us wanting more!

Overall, it was such an amazing night and we both had such a laugh.  With both of our bellies extremely full, we exited the restaurant and I was just so happy to have been able to show my sister the wonderful food at 'Wagamama'.  I can't wait for our next catchup!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig