Friday 22 January 2016

Mini 8 wonder!




I have always wanted a Polaroid camera.  When I was 8, I remember my sister getting one for her birthday, (of course in those days they were more like bricks than cameras!).  But still, I remember how much fun she had snapping life's moments with just a click of a button!  I was very jealous of her (of course) and so from that moment on, I had always dreamt of owning one!



I was lucky enough at Christmas to be gifted one from my sister and it was the newest version as well (Fujifilm Instax mini 8).  She bought me the white version, which just looked so crisp and Pinterest worthy!



Once I knew how to use my camera to its full potential, I searched online to see if there were any carry cases/bags for it.  It turns out that there are many in all the colours of the rainbow with patterns and pictures a plenty!  I opted for the standard all white bag, because I wanted to buy one to match my camera.  It was a fantastic buy, because it now let's me travel with it wherever I go!  (I'm planning on taking it to London with me for my birthday!).



Having successfully splurged on an instax camera bag, I then got a little carried away and purchased a close up lense for my camera.  The close up lense fits on top of the original lense and portrays a small rectangular mirror on the outside.  This mirror gives you an indication of where you fit in the picture and enables you to create perfect selfies every time!  How could I not buy it?



Of course I had to buy more film for my camera!  So I bought two packs of film, which had 10 pictures in each.  I ended up buying them from Amazon, because they were selling them cheaper than any other retailer!  I want to continue to capture more memories and the only way that's going to happen is by stocking up on film!



Since receiving this amazing camera as a gift, I have had so much fun already taking pictures.  Me, Mum, and my sister Harriet all wore face marks the other day to unwind and de-stress and I managed to take some hilarious snaps using this camera.  I also managed to successfully catch my little baby (12 year old west highland terrier) looking adorable on my bedroom floor!



I simply cannot get over how useful this camera is and will be!  I just love how exciting it is to take a picture and watch in amazement as the photo comes to life!  I can't wait to take more pictures with it and now that I have bought all of the recommended accessories, I can now take it anywhere with me!



With this handy little camera, I plan on using it to take some unique snaps for my wedding, because even though I'll be having a professional photographer there... I think it will be lovely to take some mini snaps of the big day with my loved ones!   Also, I plan on creating a collage of mini Polaroids for one of the walls of our new flat (when Perry and I have bought it) of all my friends and family when they come to visit us, so that it's a little reminder of when we moved out and bought our first property... So stay tuned for that!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig