Tuesday 2 February 2016

23 amazing things that have happened to me this year!




For any of you who didn't know, it was my birthday on Sunday and although it was a wonderful day... I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I could no longer sing Taylor Swift's infamous song "22" at the top of my lungs, with such meaning *sad face*.  Oh well... This year I know is going to be very exciting and scary, as I will be getting married in the next few months, hopefully buy my first property and then try to gain another promotion at work.  So with that said, I thought that it would be a good idea to write down and share with you all the 23 amazing things that have happened to me this year.  So let's get started!

1. Perry and I celebrated our 6 years together by going for dinner at 'Bob Bob Ricard' in Soho, London.  It was such a magical night and the food was incredible!
2. I became a blogger!  I decided to properly blog about fashion, beauty and lifestyle and try to do as many blog posts as possible!  I enjoy writing about things that I love and I always like to hear your views and opinions on them!
3. I was chosen by Suzie Bonaldi from 'HelloOctober' to attend an event in London at the Kiehls store in regent street.  I met Suzie and Alix from 'IcovetThee' and they were so beautiful and lovely in real life.
4. My sister and I booked ourselves into a dance class at the infamous 'Pineapple Dance Studios'.  It was so much fun and a really great workout.  We went for the Commercial Hip Hop class and boy was it strenuous.  The hour long class  only cost £8 and I will definitely go again!
5. I was invited to go to a food festival called 'Model Market' in London and I got the opportunity to try so many fantastic food and drinks.  As a food lover, I was in my element.  The place had such a buzz and great atmosphere.  I definitely want to return next summer!
6. I won a Jacelyn Hill Champagne pop highlighter through a Twitter competition by Lily Pebbles!  She wrote a card and emailed me to know how it was and that I had received it.  She's so sweet!
7. I celebrated my grandad's 85th birthday with all my family.  We went for a lovely meal that was local and it was just so nice to be there with my grandad and help celebrate his big day!
8. It was a miserable rainy day in London and suddenly I saw a huge Ben&Jerrys van pull up.  They started asking people to come over and try their new flavoured ice cream.  We were given a huge portion each and it was all free.  It instantly perked up my day and it made me proud to be British, because even if it's raining out we will never turn down ice cream!
9. I went to Hastings with Perry and his parents and ate the best fish and chips ever at 'Rocanore Kitchen'.  It was the cutest little restaurant that had such a great following.  It was so nice to relax by the seaside and check out all the little lanes.
10. I learnt how to make sausages!  I know that most of you won't be impressed by this, but to be the fiancĂ© of a butcher... I kind of have to be skilled with meat and food.  He kindly showed me the process that goes into making sausages and it was a lot of fun!  I was very impressed by the results and I ate my sausages with pride!
11. It was so amazing to see my best friends from school... We try to meet up every couple of months, because we are all so busy with work etc.  But when we come together it is as if we have never been apart!  I love them all with my heart and I can always be my immature self with them!
12. Perry and I chose and bought each other's wedding rings... It was so special and very memorable!
13. I met up with my best friend Lorena and had the nicest catch up and last day with her before she jetted off to Madrid.  We went to the Saatchi Gallery, to an authentic Italian restaurant for lunch and then had the most relaxed afternoon tea at cafe BB.
14. My sister and I have been spending way more time with each other this year which I have loved!  We have had so many film dates where we see chick flicks and so many laughs over dinner.  I vow to continue this into the new year because she is my only sister and family is important to me!
15. I booked myself into my local opticians and discovered that I needed reading glasses for blogging, writing and reading.  It was the best thing ever because I had been suffering with severe headaches and since I've been wearing my glasses... I have been feeling so much better!  For any of you out there with eye strain/headaches... Get your eyes tested, it's so important!
16. Perry and I went to Hawker House in Canada Water, London for the food festival, 'Oktoberfeast'.  There were over 20 pop up food stalls selling sweet and savoury dishes in the style of German cuisine.  It was an incredible experience and I definitely want to go there again for other street feast festivals.  We both ate far too much food and practically rolled out of the venue!
17. I re-designed my blog with 'pipdig' who were so incredibly helpful and I'm so happy with the results!  It looks so much more organised!
18. Mum and I went to Primark in Tottenham Court Road (as its my favourite branch) and I don't know what happened, but we both somehow managed to spend over £150 each in there, which was crazy!  It felt so good to be laid back and splurge, as we hardly ever do that!  We're dangerous when we go shopping together!
19. For my Mum's birthday, I took her to Kensington Palace and treated her to a royal afternoon tea at The Orangery.  She looked so happy and it definitely gave me satisfaction to know that she liked the day that I had planned.
20. Christmas Day with my family was very special this year.  Partly this was because it was my last full Christmas Day with my family.  Once I get married to Perry and move out, I will be splitting my Christmas Day between seeing my family and then seeing his family.  So this year was my last time to have all of my family with me for the whole day!
21. Finding my wedding dress!  I found it within 15 minutes and it was literally love at first site!
22. Being told that I had won a free complimentary wash, blow dry and style worth a total of £45!  It was amazing and I booked it for a day when I was having dinner with a friend so that it didn't go to waste.
23. Perry bought me a new laptop for my blogging... It has seriously made my life so much easier!  I now can successfully type up my posts and edit my blog more efficiently!

So that concludes my 23 best things that have happened to me this year.  I don't want to admit that I'm 23, but hey ho... I've just got to get on with it - Afterall I have some exciting things coming up!

M x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig