Monday 7 March 2016

My Fair Vintage!




Last week I went to the cutest, most vintage Cafe with my Mum for a classic Afternoon Tea.  I must say, I am one of the biggest, (yet smallest in height) fans of Afternoon Tea and yet I don't even like tea!  (I know, I know... You must be thinking, "how on earth can you not like tea?" or "how can you fully appreciate afternoon tea if you can't actually drink tea?"  Well my answer for all of you is... HOT CHOCOLATE!!!




The cafe is called 'My Fair Vintage', and the moment you walk in, you can really understand why.  The whole cafe is decorated with one off pieces of furniture that each bring character and authenticity to the place.  Each table is dressed with a white broderie anglaise table cloth and a fresh bunch of flowers from the local florist round the corner.  It just looked so elegant and feminine!




The teacups and saucers were all completely unique and not one of them matched with another.  It was so interesting to see and it made this cafe really stand out and have some character!




Once I ordered my Hot Chocolate, I was so curious to find out what it would look and taste like, as so many places make it in various ways and serve it differently.  Oh but once it arrived on my table, I was over the moon... literally!  It not only was served in a tall glass mug, but the attention to detail was incredible.  I was given whipped cream on top as a luxury, and then to make it even more delicious, it was finished off with tiny marshmallows and hundreds and thousands (which are tiny multi coloured sugar decorations).  The whole thing looked and tasted breathtaking and was almost too good to drink... almost!




No 'Afternoon Tea' for me is complete, without homemade scones, the dangerously naughty but extremely delicious clotted cream and the beloved strawberry jam.  These three components make up the heart and soul of the British tea time industry and I was very impressed with this one that I tasted in particular.  I opted for the fruit scone, instead of my usual plain option, because I wanted to be a bit more adventurous.  My scone had been baked that very morning and so was incredibly fresh and scrumptious.  What I loved the most about this dish, were the two adorable little miniature teacups that contained the strawberry jam and clotted cream.  I thought that this was a very innovative way to merchandise the condiments and after I finished eating, all I wanted to do was to take them home with me... don't worry I resisted and instead researched online to see if I too could find something similar for my house!




Mum and I decided to be super greedy and let our bellies take the lead, by ordering a slice of homemade Victoria Sponge cake to share.  Now I have tasted a lot of Victoria sponge cakes in my time, but this one shone out of all of them.  It was crunchy on top and the sponge was so moist and moreish, that I could have easily had another slice!  Let me just quickly point out, how pretty is the little leaf plate that it was on?




How cool is this?  The same quaint little cafe, also seems to hold a cute little tuck sweet shop!  You could say, "How sweet is that?"  There are over thirty different kinds of sweets that they sell, and yet again it really blends into the whole vintage theme that they heavily highlight in this cafe.  It was very difficult for me to stay away from those sweets... especially as I have such a sweet tooth!




Overall, I had such an amazing time and catch up with my Mum.  It's always so nice to have a proper chat and giggle with her, especially as with my busy work schedule, it becomes difficult to do so.  I also think that this cafe is so beautiful and one of a kind... I cannot wait to go back there again!  The service was wonderful, the decor was stunning and the food was so delicious!  It was a real treat to go there and if any of you are in the Caterham area... pop in and take a seat!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig