Tuesday 29 March 2016

Three ways to wear a Leather Jacket!




One of the most essential items of clothing that I think everyone should have in their wardrobes is the legendary 'Leather Jacket'!  Why you might ask?  Well for the plain and simple reason of it not only being chic and trendy. but also the fact that it is incredibly versatile and manages to compliment any outfit you create every single time, without fail!  I asked for a new leather jacket for my Birthday, as my last one (which had been in my wardrobe for 7 years) finally was needing an update!  I opted for the 'Petite Quilted Faux-Leather Biker Jacket' from Topshop, which was a reasonable price of £48.  I really liked this style, because it was collarless, but yet still had the lapels at the front of it, which I adore and always go for when choosing a leather jacket.  I just couldn't wait to wear this item and I wanted to share with you all, my top three favourite ways to wear a leather Jacket.  



Jacket - Topshop // Dress - Primark // Bag - Zara // Boots - New Look 

1.  Here I wanted to focus the eyes onto the gorgeous monochrome dress that I picked up from Primark.  I synched in my waist by using an elasticated belt and then I wanted to match that accessory by teaming it up with my new black Zara chain bag.  I feel that the moment you add the leather jacket to the dress, it instantly gives it more character and the outfit goes from plain to eye catching!  This outift is not just stylish, but is also incredibly comfortable to wear too and for me, when I wear my clothes... comfort has to be the main priority!  



Jacket - Topshop // Jumper - New Look // Skirt - Primark // Bag - H&M // Boots - New Look

2.  This outfit has been one of my favourite ones to wear, as it combines my two current loved at the moment, which are striped jumpers and denim buttoned mini skirts.  Over the past couple of months, I have become obsessed with stripes and I think that I must have around 9 tops/jumpers in my wardrobe already and yet I'm still adding to the collection!  This outfit looks so fashion forward and effortless as it consists of mixing different fabrics together that are all the shade of black and then contrasting it with the crisp white patterned jumper.  It breaks up the outfit and makes it more striking!  



Jacket - Topshop // Shirt - H&M // Jeans - Topshop (Joni) // Biker Wellie Boots - Jigsaw

3.  This outfit just screams rock chic doesn't it?  I like to sometimes wear more edgy looks, especially mixing textures of materials and prints, so this style for me is super cool and really easy to copy.
Here I wanted to show off the Leather Jacket, in terms of the zip detailing, by matching it with my Biker Wellie Boots from Jigsaw.  To give the look a bit of colour and contrast, I styled my leopard print shirt underneath my jacket and it simply softened the outfit and made it less androgynous and more feminine.

I hope that these looks have given you some inspiration for your wardrobes and that you too are enjoying wearing your leather jackets!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig