Thursday 14 April 2016

Dungarees all day!




Dungarees - Dorothy Perkins // Jumper - Primark // Necklace - New Look // Boots - New Look

Dungarees.... Now there's a word I never thought that I would mention and yet here I am dedicating an entire blog post to it!  Ever since I was a very young infant, my Mother would dress me in classic denim dungarees as I was always playing in the garden and I guess she was tired of me spoiling all of my dresses on the grass.  Sometimes Mum would even allow me the wonderful pleasure of wearing the plum coloured corduroy one... Lucky me eh?



So you can kind of understand as to why I had never steered towards them when I go shopping!  That is until I popped into my nearest Dorothy Perkins store...  I saw this super cute grey pinafore style dungaree dress and instantly wanted to try it on!  I'm a very true pear shape, (where my waist is tiny and then my hips and bottom go out), so I was a little sceptical with trying this on.  I had a feeling that it was going to be fine on the top and then really tight and clingy on my thighs.  However all of my doubts were washed away the moment I looked in the mirror!  Who'd have thought that I could pull off dungarees?  I was so happy they fitted me and next was the challenge of styling them up.



On Instagram and Pinterest, all I kept seeing was wearing them for shirts and fitted jumpers so I wanted to try and replicate that for my dungarees.  I decided on teaming my flecked fitted jumper from Primark, because it gave a good contrast to the outfit as well as giving me more shape as it accentuated my small waist and petite frame.  I then opted for my favourite flat ankle boots from New Look just to keep the outfit looking smart as well as playful!



I literally cannot tell you how comfortable this outfit is!  It's so trendy and I have already received so many compliments from my friends and family!  Who'd have thought it?



I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality and design of this dress.  It has so many pockets on it and a dress with pockets is a real dream!  It even has a pocket at the front acting like a pouch, which I have been using to store my sunglasses and lipstick when I'm on the go!  How practical is that?  So yeah I've been totally swayed by dungarees and it's fair to say that in my wardrobe... They're here to stay!

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig