Friday 8 April 2016

Lush haul :: Back to basics


Now who doesn't love a good LUSH haul?  Yeah, exactly... That's what I thought!  Well, I desperately needed some much needed retail therapy after having endured an incredibly stressful week, so the other day, I rather naughtily splurged on some fantastic finds!  Instead of my usual bath bombs and bubble bar purchases, I decided to steer more towards the bath and body section of my favourite store.  So here is my little haul for you to feast your eyes on!


To gently ease myself into the collection I walked straight over to the body washes and shower gels. There was such an array of gorgeous colours and smells to choose from... It was all rather exciting! After a long time browsing the bottles, I finally chose the 'Prince Charming' shower gel, because who doesn't want one of those on their lives?  The gel was a luminous pink and smelt of grapefruit and pomegranate.  It also contains vanilla and almond oil, so I just know that this is going to be so moisturising for my skin!   It is a limited edition shower gel, as it was made for Valentine's day, but luckily my local store still had four bottles left!      


I suffer from incredibly dry skin, especially on my knees and elbows, so I thought that it would be best to purchase one of their homemade scrubs!  I opted for 'Rub Rub Rub', which apparently is their ultimate scrub product that is most popular and gets the best reviews.  It's made from Sea Salt, Mimosa Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute and Organic Lemon Juice.  The Sea Salt works as a deep exfoliant, as well as being a natural antiseptic for skin and the Lemon Juice gives a real kick and makes you feel rejuvenated afterwards.  There are two ways to use this product:- either use it on dry skin for a really good scrub before getting into the shower/bath or simply apply to wet skin for a more gentle scrub.      


How beautiful is this soap?  I mean how can you not want to pick this up and add it to your basket? It's called 'Roses All The Way' and it was quite literally love at first sight!  Not only is it gorgeous on the outside with the rose stencil and the heart shape, but it also super creamy and hydrating for your skin.  The two main ingredients in this soap are Rose Oil and Coconut Oil, which both help to nourish and hydrate the skin, whilst giving off the sweet aroma of roses.  This soap is one of LUSH's cream soaps, which lather up very well when exposed to water and I already can tell that this will run out quicker than my other soaps.  I suggest that you store this in a safe place where it will not get wet when you're not using it.


Near the counter there were some lip products strategically placed in order of usage.  They had lip balms, lip sticks and then something that I had never seen/used before, which was the lip scrub range. Because I was wanting to continue with the pink scheme (that I had accidentally started), I purchased 'The Kiss' lip scrub.  It's made up of Cocoa butter and Safflower Oil, which are quite simply a match made in heaven!  To use this product all you have to do is simply sweep and scrub over the lips and then lick off for soft skin... and it works every time.  This scrub is ideal for getting rid of flaky dry skin, but most importantly it ensures that your lips will forever stay smooth and kissable!


I had such a great time, investing in some new beauty products that I know are going to do wonders to my skin. Have you purchased any LUSH products recently and if so, which are your favourite?

M x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Little Shoe. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig